The William Martin Schools are committed to develop provision for young carers and their families.
How we will achieve this:
- The whole school is committed to meeting the needs of young carers so that they can attend and enjoy school in the same way as other pupils and achieve their potential.
- Appointing a designated Young Carers School Lead with responsibility for young carers and their families and for the day-to-day management of the school’s provision for young carers.
- The school only shares information with professionals and agencies on a need to know basis in order to support pupils and their families.
- William Martin School will actively seek feedback and ideas from young carers and their families to shape and improve support.
- The school has an effective referral system and strong partnership in place with relevant external agencies, including referral to Young Carer agencies providing key workers who will work with young carers and families.
We will strive to achieve best practice for students and families in our school in order to provide them with the best chance of success in their future.
Young Carers’ School Lead – Bonnie Jones
To contact me either ring the office on 01279 424122 or email firstname.lastname@example.org