Vine School’s Trust Policies
William Martin School’s Policies
Meet Our Safeguarding Team
At William Martin CofE Schools and Nursery, we work hard to ensure our children are safe in school and out of school.
We have a Safeguarding Team:
Mrs Gina Bailey – Designated Safeguarding Lead
Mrs Claire Kearney – Deputy Designated Lead
Mrs Anna Harvey – Deputy Designated Lead
Miss Bonnie Jones – Deputy Designated Lead
If anyone, any adult or any child, has any safeguarding concern, including any related to radicalisation, they are encouraged to contact one of our safeguarding team, either in person, via telephone or via email on email@example.com
If you have any safeguarding issues but would prefer not to speak to Mrs Bailey please contact Mr Garry Neave (Chair of Governors) via the office on firstname.lastname@example.org
If we have reasonable cause for concern that a child maybe at risk of significant harm, we will refer to social care. This referral can be made with or without us informing parents.
For further information please read our Child Protection Policy or contact one of our safeguarding team.
Some quick tips for keeping your children safe on-line:
You are the responsible adult. You pay the bill. You own the phone. Therefore, you have the right and responsibility to be a good watchdog.
- Learn how to check up on your child.
- Privacy covers things like going to the bathroom, not ignoring all of their tech communication.
- Limit access to mobile phones and tablet devices e.g. not in your bedroom or not after 8pm.
- There are Apps available that allow you to limit access to certain times e.g. OurPact, Screen Time Parental Control.
- Keep a note of your child’s password to social media accounts so that you can monitor activity.
- Be curious, know where they are going and where they have been online. Advise children not to respond to abusive or obscene postings whether this is online, text messages or video messages. You can report incidents of abusive emails and inappropriate sites to your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Your mobile service provider should have a number that you can ring to report abusive messaging. Try their websites for details.
- Ask your children to teach you how to use what they are using
William Martin CofE Schools Privacy Notice Statement:
How we process your information:
Parent’s data rights:
William Martin CofE Schools Privacy Notices: